We’re officially midway through 2016! Can you believe it? It feels like yesterday we were writing our yearly business goals, developing our marketing plan, and determining our advertising strategy, and here we are at the start of the 3rd quarter already! Have you taken a look at where your business stands? Are you where you want to be? If not, now is the perfect time to reassess and make changes so you can end this year strong.
One easy way to stay (or get back) on track is to review and adjust your advertising strategy. Why? Because your advertising strategy makes up a large part of your marketing plan, which in turn promotes your company’s business plan. And if outdoor advertising isn’t included in your plan, you are definitely missing out! Here’s why.
Using Billboards as Part of Your Advertising Strategy
- Builds Brand Awareness: You can have the best service or product in the world, but if people don’t know about it, you won’t make many sales. Outdoor billboards get noticed and reach thousands of people each and every day!
- 96% of Americans are exposed to outdoor media
- 71% often look at billboards as they drive by them
- Boosts Sales and Attract Customers: How many times have you seen a fast food restaurant’s billboard of an icy drink only to run through the drive-thru on your way home? Sure! We all do! The repeated exposure to a brand leads us to think of that brand first when we’re ready to buy something.
- 72% of billboard viewers shop on their way home
- 68% make shopping decisions while in the car
- 32% of drivers visited a business they saw advertised on a billboard sometime during the week.
- Establishes and Solidifies Your Business’ Image: Image is everything and you want your company to have a great one! Outdoor advertising communicates your image in a big way while building relationships with current and future customers.
- Well-known, liked, and trusted brands receive 3x as much word-of-mouth as other brands.
- 84% of buyers trust recommendations from family, friends, and coworkers about products and services