It’s hard to believe that the holiday shopping season is officially here! For retailers, it’s certainly one of the busiest times of the year. However, the National Retail Federation (NRF) recently reported that this year, brick and mortar shops can expect similar sales to 2015. What’s a hard-working business owner to do? Not to worry! There are ways to increase the foot traffic into your business this year — Boost your bottom line this holiday season with billboards.
Why Billboards Work
- Billboards Build Your Brand: Repetition is the best way to increase brand awareness. This is easily accomplished with a well-executed billboard campaign.
- Outdoor Advertising Gives Your Business Power: Billboards are up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They can’t be ignored, turned off, thrown out, or deleted like other forms of advertising.
- Billboards Reach a Big Audience: 96% of Americans are exposed to outdoor advertising. And a billboard with a good location can have more viewers than the super bowl!
- Outdoor Advertising Targets Customers: One of the biggest reasons why OOH works so well for local brick-and-mortar establishments is because they reach your customers where they live, work, and shop!
Quick Stats about Billboards
- 68% of people make purchasing decisions while in the car on their way home from work. Incidentally, the highest viewing times for billboards are between 4 and 7 pm
- 32% of consumers visit a business during the same week they saw a billboard advertising it
- 24% of people visit the establishment the very same the day they viewed a billboard
- Billboards cost much less than other forms of advertising — 80% less than television, 60% less than newspaper ads, and 50% less than radio!
Quick Tips to Design a Billboard that Boosts Your Bottom Line
- Keep your message simple so people can easily understand it
- Use less than 7 words of copy so you won’t confuse viewers
- Include only 1 central image to keep your design clean
- Choose legible fonts that are easy to make out from a distance
- Opt for bold, high-contrast colors that are easy to see
- Make your fonts B-I-G so viewers can easily read them
- Be original so potential customers remember you and not your competitor